Task vs. Function

Subject: Task vs. Function
From: Rich Bone <richbone -at- RADIKS -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 22:37:32 -0500

I look at the two in a more literal sense. Especially when I'm trying to build data flow diagrams, physical, and logical architecture diagrams. I look at functions as an ordered set of tasks that a system component (person or machine) performs to achieve the desired outcome. A task is simply a single part of a function.

Rich Bone
Tech Writer
CSG Systems, Inc.