Re: Inserting a blank page in a Word PRN file

Subject: Re: Inserting a blank page in a Word PRN file
From: John Lilly <jlilly -at- IDCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:21:12 -0600

Chris,

I used to see this problem when using Word 7.0. I have not seen it occur
in Word 97.

I found that I had to put in a manual page break at the end of those
chapters that normally ended in an odd number of pages in order to
recreate the blank page. Unfortunately, Word still stripped out the
blank even page because Word saw that the page was blank. I therefore
put a period on the new blank page and formatted the period as white.
This forced Word to print the page in the PRN file.

If my document contained footers, I had to use a 'Next Even Page'
section break instead of a manual page break. The section break enabled
me to eliminate the footer on the otherwise blank even page. A manual
page break would not enable you to do this, although I know of one
writer who just placed a white rectangle over the final footer to hide
it.

These workarounds were obviously quite a nuisance and I was pleased NOT
to see the problem in Word 97. In Word 97, I use 'Next Odd Page' section
breaks and I always get the necessary blank even pages in the PRN file.
Word even knows not to put on a footer on those blank pages.

-John Lilly