Re: FWD: Layoffs and scrounging

Subject: Re: FWD: Layoffs and scrounging
From: ""Renée L. LaPlume"" <rlaplume -at- RORKE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:36:37 -0500

>Should I be looking for another job right now?

In past jobs, I've gone through both (A) an "immediate" layoff
and (B) a case where I was one of the "survivors" (for six
months, before eventually the whole plant was closed down). I
actually preferred (A) because of the clean break, without the
(in my situation anyway) false hope that things would improve.

I'm not familiar with the captial industry, so I can't advise
on the likelihood that things will improve, but if I were you,
I would start looking, just in case they don't.

Your mileage may vary,
Renée
Renée L. LaPlume
Rorke Data, Inc. - Software Services Division