Re: Layoffs and scrounging

Subject: Re: Layoffs and scrounging
From: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- AEGONUSA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:18:33 -0500

I would not count on the others being called back. I've been through
down cycles before. What I've seen is that by the time the up cycle
starts, the others have new jobs. As far as staying, I think you need to
look at what do you have invested in the company, do you want to stay
and see what happens. But it would probably be a good idea to look.
There is no harm in talking to other companies, and if an offer comes
along, then you can decide what to do. In the mean time, your resume is
updated, you have some interviewing practice, and you have an idea of
what's out there if you do find yourself without a job. Good luck -
downsizing is not fun. In some ways the people who are let go have it
easier than the ones who stay and carry on. Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com