Re: Charge for Travel Time?

Subject: Re: Charge for Travel Time?
From: "Rebecca P. Rachmany" <purple -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:01:04 +0300

> If a contractor works mostly off-site
> should he/she charge for travel time
> to/from the site?
>
> What is your policy as a contractor
> or as a "contractee" ?

We have a policy of charging one hour travel time for site visits,
regardless of the location of the customer versus the writer. The reason
for the policy is that we have found it gives our customers "respect" for
the travel time of our writers. It avoids some of the unpleasantness of
getting to a customer and finding they aren't ready or having them call you
in for unnecessary meetings.

Rebecca Rachmany
General Manager
TECH-TAV technical and end-user documentation
PO Box 2419 Tel Aviv 61024
info -at- tech-tav -dot- com
http://www.tech-tav.com