Re: A direct attack on TW? -Reply

Subject: Re: A direct attack on TW? -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:04:45 -0400

Maybe I missed something or took a whole different perspective here, but the thing that struck me about this message was that "A direct competitor" named their product in the ad in question and cited why it was "not so good".

Even McDonald's and Burger King don't openly use the other franchise's name in their advertising...

I agree with John and Mike H. about reevaluating the product, the installation, the manuals, and the developers, but that's not how I read this post at all. What *I* saw was a possible lawsuit rising from libel or slander (it's been awhile since my law course in high school...).

Maybe I'm wrong, but interpretation is 9/10 of the law, isn't it? ;-)

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Certification and Testing Division
Canadian Standards Association