A direct attack on TW? -Reply

Subject: A direct attack on TW? -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:43:52 -0400

Michael Burke wrote:
A recent ad run by one of our competitors directly attacked our product
because of the existence of a user manual, essentially implying that
since we supply a manual for out product, then our product must be
terribly complicated.

I'd be interested to find out what kind of legal implications sre involved here. If the ad was run by a competitor, *and* it direclty flamed your product, *and* it mentioned the name of your company (which I noticed you aren't allowed to tell us), your company *may* have a lawsuit to file.

(No, I am *not* a lawyer, I *don't* play one on TV, and I'm in Canada where all things legal tend to be different...)but I *am* interested to find out what you all think about how legal this situation is.

Michael;
What else can you tell us about this situation that will clear some of this up for me without compromising your confidentiality issue?

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Certification and Testing Division
Canadian Standards Association