Re: Go Completely "On-line"

Subject: Re: Go Completely "On-line"
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:01:22 -0400

I think PDFs have an audience and HTML has an audience.

Our users perceive PDFs as being large, slow, clunky, and buggy. Not to
mention, they have to install yet another piece of software onto already
taxed systems. And, they have to learn a new piece of software. (They
are already experienced with browsers and used to HTML online docs.)
Perception more than reality? To some degree, but not completely.

I'll take a well-designed PDF over a sloppy HTML doc, but I personally
prefer a well-designed HMTL doc.

A.

--
Alexia Prendergast Tech Pubs Manager, Seagate Software
If developers wrote error messages in Haiku (author unknown)...