Re: translation software (advertisement)

Subject: Re: translation software (advertisement)
From: Bernie McCann <BernieMc -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 14:17:09 EDT

Hi

<<
The scary thing is that many localization job shops are using such software
*today* for their contracts. Sometimes, it seems, without much human editing
after it's run through the software.

Mike

Yes, it is very worrying, with so many junior writers using this Newsgroup as
a learning tool. You can almost hear them saying, Wow, I'll go and get that!

They would be well advised to subscribe to a translation newsgroup.

I'm sure that many of us have received poor translation, done entirely by
human beings, so why would we expect a robot to be superior?

Bernie