translation software

Subject: translation software
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 08:28:55 +0100

I know there is translation software which is used by translation agencies
but have been asked to check if there is any which can be used before text
is sent to the translation agencies. As far as I am translation software
basically involved checking for duplication in text and ensuring the same
text isn't translated twice but that the first translation is used again
thus cutting costs/timescales and giving greater consistency in the
translation. Has anyone heard of any software that can be used
pre-translation?

All information gratefully received.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author