JavaScript and tech writers

Subject: JavaScript and tech writers
From: Elizabeth Kane <bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:17:30 -0700

We have a new engineering dept. head who has said he'd like me to
learn JavaScript because we're going to be doing some Java-based
stuff, and a lot of Web/browser-based html stuff in general. I said
"Sounds great!" but I really know NOTHING about it.

Have any of you tech writers learned something about JavaScript? Can
you tell me what it is, and how it differs from, say, RoboHTML or MS
FrontPage? Have you taken a class in it? Is it fun to work with? And
anything else you'd like to throw in.

Thanks,
Beth Kane
Lone writer