Re: "Wish" in tech docs

Subject: Re: "Wish" in tech docs
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:24:07 -0700

"Choose a destination from the Destination list."

No need to talk about if they wish/want/desire to do something, they
wouldn't be reading the procedure if they didn't want to do it.

In any case, if forced at gunpoint, I would use "want," but not "wish"
or "desire." Somewhere along the way, I learned that wishes don't always
come true and as for desire, I reserve that for a sea-foam green
Stratocaster.

Also: death to click "on." Just use "click."

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com