Re: Help with Illustrator 7.0 and Photoshop 4.0

Subject: Re: Help with Illustrator 7.0 and Photoshop 4.0
From: Bruce Ashley <bashley -at- CREATEPRINT -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 15:47:31 +1000

Thanks to those who replied with their suggestions.

It turns out I wasn't very clear and I apologise for that.

The solution was as follows:

It appears that neither of the two packages listed above have an image wrap feature (which was what I was after and not a merge feature)

Only certain 3D applications have the feature.

Illustrator only cuts and trims images created in Illustrator and not those 'placed'.

PhotoShop had a lassoo tool that allowed the painstaking task of cutting out the shapes I wanted. After another three hours,
I now have the images on different levels as primitives and changes now only take seconds.

With time always a problem, this work-around was the best available.

So thanks again.

Bruce Ashley
OZ