FrameMaker vs. Word

Subject: FrameMaker vs. Word
From: Robin Whitmore <r -dot- whitmore -at- INTERSHOP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:38:23 -0700

Dear Fellow Techwriters:

I am currently enrolled in SF State University's Technical and Professional
Communications degree program. For a final paper, I am writing a feasibility
study that will discuss whether a fictitious company should use Word or
FrameMaker to create their software documentation. I was hoping some of you
who use FrameMaker or Word might be able to help me out by answering a few
quick questions. (Please only answer if you use either Word or FrameMaker.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Do you use Word or FrameMaker?

2. Were you involved in the decision to use one or the other?

3. If you switched from one program to the other, what was the main reason
or biggest problem that prompted the switch?

4. What do you like most about the program you use now?

5. What do you like least?

6. Additional comments (optional):

Thanks very much for your time. If anyone would like to see the results, let
me know, and I will post it to the Topics area of the Techwr-l website.

Robin Whitmore
Technical Writer

I wake up each morning torn between the desire to improve the world,
And the desire to enjoy it.
It makes it hard to plan the day.

-E. B. White