Abbrev. for micro-

Subject: Abbrev. for micro-
From: Reuven Frank <reuven -at- E-AND-C -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:39:35 +0200

I know that the truly correct prefix symbol for "micro-" is the Greek letter "mu."
The problem is what to do in an ASCII format (like this one), or other font that does not allow the use of symbols.

The available choices for abbreviating the word micro-liter are:

mcL uL mcrL {other}

Please send your votes directly to me (off-list), unless there is a great hue and cry amongst the scientists and engineers to also receive an answer to this puzzling quandary.

[I'm not kidding. This is a serious office issue, and has a deadline in the next few days.]

TIA,
-Reuven Frank
reuven -at- e-and-c -dot- com