Re: Style Guides: Out of Vogue?

Subject: Re: Style Guides: Out of Vogue?
From: Lynn Perry <CLPerry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:48:06 -0700

Keith Arnett wrote:
Does anyone out there still use a style guide? Or are people just
disinclined to use them?

We follow a company style guide that is centrally maintained. When we
can't find answers in there, we check the Microsoft Manual of Style for
Technical Publications. Chicago Manual of Style is the company-wise
style manual (as opposed to the Associated Press, generally).

I've worked at Aldus Corporation (now Adobe), Microsoft, and several
smaller companies. The bigger companies always have a style guide. I
bring my own to the smaller companies.

C. Lynn Perry
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
Opinions expressed are mine alone
Wall Data Incorporated, Seattle WA
Some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps