Re: transitive verb question -Reply

Subject: Re: transitive verb question -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 16:40:53 -0400

Toni Williams ... I have a real problem with "The File dialog appears". I wonder if anyone has another alternative to displays, is
displayed, and appears?

WHat about
"you will see a dialog box"...
or
"your screen should look like this {screen capture}"...
or
"you will then see"...
or
"you will see"
or
"you should now see"...

Yes, I know...and passive voice be damned... :-)

Lisa Comeau
IS Super-User/Trainer
Certification and Testing Division
Canadian Standards Association