Re: transitive verb question

Subject: Re: transitive verb question
From: Richard Frederick <Fred_Ri -at- CENTRAL -dot- PRINTRONIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 10:43:13 -0700

Cyndy,

I have been trying to explain to my group that display IS a transitive
verb. That it is not "usually" a transitive verb. I keep getting the
argument for "active voice," which we have discussed ad nauseam. Every
time I read "The File dialog displays" my mind goes into automatic
question mode. The File dialog displays WHAT?

I go along with Janice.

By the way, I'm glad to be back on the list after my day in purgatory
for my inexcusable personal rebuke. Thanks Eric!

Sincerely,
Richard Frederick
Senior Technical Writer
Printronix Inc.