Re: Telecommuting

Subject: Re: Telecommuting
From: Dave Whelan <dwhelan -at- PANGEA -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 10:42:57 -0500

Hope writes:
...and I've looked *everywhere* on the web, but I can't seem to find the
really great telecommuting opportunities I'm assured are everywhere.

I can sympathize with Hope. I am a telecommuting technical writer, but I get
most of my work by word of mouth. Most of the telecommuting links you find
will be to people wishing to help you telecommute, generally by selling you
something--precious few are looking to hire a telecommuting technical
writer. I doubt whether you will find many telecommuting opportunities on
the web until contract agencies realize they can make a fortune by
contracting out technical writers who telecommute.

Regards,
Dave.

David P. Whelan, Whelan Technical Services
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (204) 334-1339
mailto:dwhelan -at- ieee -dot- org
http://www.pangea.ca/~dwhelan