Another pespective on low wages

Subject: Another pespective on low wages
From: Tom Johnson <johnsont -at- FREEWAY -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:45:58 -0400

Debbie and Paula are not the only ones who have made choices to remain in
the lower end of the pay scale. I'm another one of those who has chosen to
put more value on location rather than pay. So far, my wife, two children
and I are enjoying life in Northern Michigan and I have no desire to
commute in a smog infested city.

Friends, before you demand that others demand some arbitrary income level,
remember not all people share the same values as you. Let's not chain
people to high wages if they don't want to be.

If you are worried my lower wages will somehow drag yours down, you are
welcome to convince my boss to pay me more.

Tom Johnson
Traverse City, Michigan. Where the air and water are clean.

business johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
personal tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com