Re: Editing GIFs

Subject: Re: Editing GIFs
From: Sean McFerren <smcferre -at- CSC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:11:03 -0500

Using PhotoShop, you can open and edit the GIF. But, GIF files are in Index color
format, so you will be limited to the existing colors of the images palette. If
you want to use colors other than the ones in the images current palette, convert
the image to RGB: Image --> Mode --> RGB Color. After modifying the image,
export as GIF89a: File --> Export --> GIF89a Export.

HTH,

Sean McFerren
Performance Support Consultant
Computer Sciences Corporation
Houston, TX
smcferre -at- csc -dot- com

rsering -at- uswest -dot- com on 06/30/98 08:08:53 AM

Please respond to rsering -at- uswest -dot- com

To: TECHWR-L -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu
cc: (bcc: Sean T McFerren/TMG/CSC)
Subject: Editing GIFs

I queried the archives for this, and found several postings for
converting from X file format to .GIF, but found nothing about editing
.GIF files. I have tried MS Image Composer without success. I have
several .GIF files on an Intranet site that need correction, but so far
have not found a tool to edit them. Would Photoshop do it? Is the
conversion to GIF a one-way trip to Bitmapville? (it's a suburb of
Flatland...)
Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
- Ron Sering