Graphics In Word

Subject: Graphics In Word
From: "Marie C. Paretti" <mparetti -at- RRINC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:54:03 -0400

I seem to recall this issue coming up before, but my archives search came
up empty (for some reason I could only get posts from this month?!). I'm
creating a series of 10-20 page "Training Guides" in Word 97 and I need to
include several graphics (all screen shots - *.tif). Here's the question:
Do those of you who use Word regularly always put imported graphics in text
boxes to insure that they'll move around correctly? Or are text boxes only
for certain cases?

The problem is that the manuals will be modified pretty regularly --
although the general outline is standard, we tweak the training slighly for
each customer and thus regularly add or delete text. And every Guide has
notes for the instructor in it as hidden text which may or may not get
printed. I had an intern do the first pass on inserting the graphics, and
they don't seem to stay put -- they even move when I hide/show the
instructor's notes.

If a text boxes isn't the most reliable method for inserting imported
graphics, what is?

Thanks in advance,
Marie

Marie C. Paretti, PhD