Re[3]: printing imbroglio

Subject: Re[3]: printing imbroglio
From: Keith Arnett <keith_arnett -at- RESTON -dot- OMD -dot- STERLING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 09:15:45 -0500

PostScript files work best for us, too. Our regular print vendor has an
ftp site so we can send the files right into their server.

For 24 hour turnaround, I have found that when dealing with the local
"quick print" (whoever it may be), paper originals are the best way to go.
Yes, this means that I have to pump out the entire document in-house, then
carry it to the printer, *but* you then avoid the aggravation of trying to
explain file formats, application features, etc., to a person who probably
doesn't understand or care.

And yes, screen shots and such like graphics may suffer slightly, but I
view this as a small price to pay for minimum hassle and aggravation.

Keith Arnett
Technical Writer
Sterling Software, Inc./Operations Management Division
Reston VA USA (also too darn hot; projected heat index today=106 degrees)

Subject: Re[2]: printing imbroglio
Author: <bkane -at- ARTISOFT -dot- COM> at INTERNET
Date: 6/25/98 4:24 PM

We work with three printing companies, one of them a big-name copy
center. They've requested that we submit all our jobs as PostScript
files -- and this has actually worked out pretty well! They don't need
to understand a thing about FrameMaker or PageMaker, and they don't
need to buy all the software packages their customers are using.

Beth Kane
Tucson, Arizona (too darn hot)
bkane -at- artisoft -dot- com