Making One PDF from a PageMaker Book of Pubs

Subject: Making One PDF from a PageMaker Book of Pubs
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:00:57 -0600

Several days back I posted a request for help as I attempted to generate one big PDF from a PageMaker 6.5 book of publications. (I'm using a Windoze 95 PC.) You may recall that the Postscript file got made but Distiller choked and gave me an error message. The message stated that there was a Postscript error called "invalidrestore".

Since several of you mentioned you'd had the same problem, I thought I'd tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train coming the other way. I found a solution during a search of the Adobe CustomerFirst Support database. I downloaded a file called P65ps.ps and installed it in PM65\rsrc\<language> folder. Now I can generate the big PDF with no problem at all.

The URL is http://www.adobe.com/supportservice/custsupport/SOLUTIONS/490a.htm

Thanks again for all your helpful input.

Mike Johnson
Michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com
Speaking for myself and not OEC Medical