Re: Gender and tech writing

Subject: Re: Gender and tech writing
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:52:41 -0500

> I think that the $.72 figure is overall, not just in technical writing.
> I can't offer any suggestions for picking the male dollars out of the
> crowd.

You have to turn them over. ;-)

Seriously... wouldn't it be cool if, instead of the survey, STC could
come up with some kind of database that would allow you to plug in your
qualifications (education, years of experience, geographical area, types
of experience, etc.) and find the salary or contracting rate average for
your "peers?" It would at least answer a lot of these questions. ;-)

Tracy
(yesterday was Craig Shergold's birthday... did you send him a card?)
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/