Word 97 and Tables

Subject: Word 97 and Tables
From: David Harrison <david-x -dot- harrison -at- BAE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:31:39 +0100

Can any Techwhirler help our problem with tables in Word?
We are trying to create a template for a certain document which is table-based.
Whenever you insert a table in Word it always puts a paragraph marker at the
end of teh table - of course that's necessary to continue text after the table.
the particular author, however, is striving for neatness and wants each
table to fill the page right down to the footer, which is another single row
table. His aim is to leave no gap between main body and footer - an admirable
plan.
So now the insert paragraph marker wraps over to create a following blank page.
The problem now is that in the footer has to have "Page X of Y" and but the
document always has one extra blank page. So, we can:
1. Not print the blank page and have an incorrect page count - not acceptable
2. Print the blank page with nothing on it - and leave the reader wondering
why it's there
3. Print the blank page with "This page is intentionally leave blank" on it -
must we?
4. Find a solution that decrements the page count field by 1 and not print
the last page - don't know how to do that
5. Ask for another solution - any ideas?

Thank you for any sugesstions

David Harrison

"david-x -dot- harrison -at- bae -dot- co -dot- uk"