Re: Offsite Management

Subject: Re: Offsite Management
From: Rahel Bailie <rbailie -at- CASTLETON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:28:53 -0700

Managing an on-site group from an off-site location is practically
suicide. (Ask how I know ... and I was just on another floor!) The
dynamics of supervision means catching the near-disasters you overhear
being discussed in the hallway outside your door/cubicle, watching for
tensions between parties with conflicting deadlines and priorities, and
so on. That's not to say working at home a day a week is a bad thing,
but there's no substitute for physical presence as a manager.

Rahel (feeling relatively ineloquent this morning)