Re: Bulleted text

Subject: Re: Bulleted text
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 15:24:21 -0500

Honestly, this is the last thing I'm going to contribute to this thread,
but I think maybe it will sum it all up.

Tracy wrote:
<<snip>>
To me, the second arrangement makes it unclear which bullets fall under
which text. Perhaps it's because the aligned bullet is similar to the
way I learned to outline:

I. Big topic
A. Subtopic 1
1. Sub-subtopic 1
2. Sub-subtopic 2

In my view, Big Topic equates to a main paragraph, and Subtopic 1 equates
to its bullet. Which just goes to show that there are at least two views
for every picture. It seems that the point is that everybody is not going
to be satisfied with a single method... so you've got to do what seems
right to you and, as you've heard before, be consistent.
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com
...speaking only for myself.