Re[3]: Faulty logic

Subject: Re[3]: Faulty logic
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 01:28:08 +0200

Arlen,

It is true that the translator gets paid by the size of the task. However,
the size of the task is measured in characters or words, and _not in
contents_. And, still, the majority of the (US) market pays by the number
of words _target language_, and not source.

The writer is not paid by the number of words (or the number of characters)
he produces.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html