Re[2]: Faulty logic

Subject: Re[2]: Faulty logic
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:54:20 +0200

Arlen,

It is true that the translator has usually a better basis for the cost
estimate.

But still, does that put the translator on the level of a greengrocer?

To me, the way the translator gets paid for the work sends a message about
the attitude towards the translator's work. Maybe I have too much
professional pride, but as a translator, I do resent being on the same
level as a painter in a paintshop (here, you have 300 boxes, paint them
green!).

Just another Zweiräppler

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html