Re: RoboHelp tutorial

Subject: Re: RoboHelp tutorial
From: Sharon Burton <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:22:56 -0700

Unfortunately, there is no mass market book on this subject. I keep thinking
I should write one - in my spare time! - but the market is small enough that
every publisher I have spoken with is uninterested. And with Blue Sky
sending out releases so fast, it would be out of date before it got to
press.

The RoboHELP manual has a pretty good tutorial. The problem with all
tutorials is that you have no vested interest in how it turns out. It is
just stuff that you are playing with. But you will learn the mechanics of
using the product. They are really pretty trivial. It is what you do with
the mechanics of using it that is important.

After you finish the tutorial, make your resume a help system. You will
learn a ton of stuff that never occurred to you when you did the tutorial.
You have a vested interest in how your resume turns out! And your design
skills with dramatically improve as you have to design, plan, and create it.

sharon

Sharon Burton
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS, the award-winning unofficial RoboHELP Newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
anthrobytes -at- anthrobytes -dot- com