Re: Grammar? YES!

Subject: Re: Grammar? YES!
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:48:47 -0400

Greetings!

>>Have you had your work reviewed by a professional editor?
>Professional (i.e., someone who had the title), no. However, I often
>hand-off my output to an administrative assistant type for minor
>editing.

Then you might like to try handing your documents to a professional editor
(with title). Make sure your natural grasp of grammar is as firm as you
believe it is.

>If you have a proper
>understanding of the mechanics, you can be a better of judge of knowing
>when to bend the rules to fit your particular situations. If you don't,
>then you'll just be shooting in the dark hoping that you'llhit the
>target but never really sure if you did.
>Again, even with my limit knowledge of grammar, I can not recall a
>single instance in which grammar was an obstacle.

If you don't know you're making a mistake, how would you know if grammar is
an obstacle or not. And, by the way, the proper construction is "limited
knowledge".

May be this is a joke post or not. It's just got my Irish up, I guess. <g>
---
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey -- Technical Writer -- jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com

No trees weres harmed in writing this email.
My messages are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.

Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's opinions.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.