Re: eAuthor

Subject: Re: eAuthor
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 12:55:10 -0400

There are three components to eAuthor:
1. Core Editor (eahcore.exe - 3890KB)
2. Template Tools (eahtools.exe - 2500KB)
3. HTML Help Deployment (eahcomp.exe - 660KB)

System Requirements:
Windows 95 or NT 4.0
25 MB HD Space
MS IE 3.02 or later (4.01 recommended)
MS HTML Help Workshop 1.1

You should see this thing! I have been looking at HTML Help Authoring
tools for weeks now, but this one gives me hope. It has templates for web
pages, server pages, online help, online documentation, wizards, and more.
I haven't been through it all (just half an hour yesterday), but it has an
EXCELLENT online tutorial. I haven't got time to learn HTML, and even with
MS HTML Help Workshop, some HTML knowledge is required. I'm also too
nervous to spend $700 of the company's money on a software package, until I
REALLY know what I require. At the moment - this seems to be free. I went
to:
http://premium.microsoft.com/msdn/downloads/eauthor

If you look at it, let me know what you think.

Suzette