Re: your experiences using Acrobat Exchange and other Adobe tools

Subject: Re: your experiences using Acrobat Exchange and other Adobe tools
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:04:32 +0200

Renée,

my company has used the PDF format for all kind of purposes.

Way back, when Adobe Illustrator could open the PDF format for the first
time, we used the PDF format to bring CAD drawings into Illustrator (and
finally EPS for placing in the documentation).

We are now using the PDF format and its FDF sidekick for an electronic
catalog, to be distributed on CD-ROM. Connected to that, we use PDFs with
form fields and JavaScript (provided by the Forms 3.5 plug-in) for belt
drive calculation forms.

Internally, we indexed the available documentation for Acrobat with Catalog
and have very fast access to the information we need in the development
process.

An earlier version of the above mentioned catalog was delivered and then
also printed on a Xerox Docutech from the PDF files.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap ...

... with Acrobat Forms ... now for belt drive designers at

http://www.prodok.ch/prodok/riemen.html