Re: Become a tech writer in only 70 hours

Subject: Re: Become a tech writer in only 70 hours
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 13:35:17 -0400

As some of you may be aware, I am a contractor and I work through agencies.

The agency I'm with now does something "kinda" similar, but different.

training on the "tools of the trade."

As a member of CASB (Chinese Association of Science and Business), the
agency I work for will train immigrants in the basics of Oracle database
design, network management, etc. This is not positioned as "take our
course and get rich as a Network Administrator". It just gets you into the
market.

They charge for this and after completing the course, which I think goes
for several weeks, you are free to either look for a position as an entry
level technition, or you can use the part of the agency that I work for to
have them place you in a position. I think there is also the arangement
where if the agency does place you and you remain at a position for more
than X period of time, you get your tuition reimbursed.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 732-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them.

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,
see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable
words.", Goethe
"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader
will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will
certainly misunderstand them.", John Ruskin