Making one PDF from a Pagemaker Book of Publications

Subject: Making one PDF from a Pagemaker Book of Publications
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:08:51 -0600

Greetings from a cloudy, windy Salt Lake City!

I have a question for technical writers currently using PageMaker 6.5:

On page 443, the PageMaker 6.5 manuals states that you can generate a single PDF from several PageMaker publications by gathering them together using the Utilities>Book command, and then using the File>Export>Adobe PDF command to make the PDF.

While I get great results generating a single PDF from a single publication, I can't generate a PDF from a PageMaker book of publications. It looks to me like the Postscript file gets made, but Distiller dies trying to make the PDF and generates an error log file that I can't decipher.

I know PageMaker assembles the book of publications because I can generate a full index and TOC.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Mike Johnson
Michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com
Speaking for myself and not OEC Medical Systems