Re: periods inside quotation marks?

Subject: Re: periods inside quotation marks?
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:19:23 -0700

Agreement here with Janice, for the following reasons:

1. There's no need for the quotation marks. Button names should use caps
for every word, they're usually short, they're preceeded by the verb
"click," so they can hold their own in a sea of text. I can almost see
the need for quotation marks around long dialog box options such as the
"Send this message in rich text format" checkbox, but not for little ol'
buttons.

2. There's no need to include the "..." in the button name. The "..." is
just an indication that the button opens a dialog box, and the user can
get that info from the UI itself. Including it in the docs just makes
things hard to read.

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com