glossary format query

Subject: glossary format query
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:58:50 -0600

I'm looking for opinions and current practice on this one - I've got a glossary for a short technical manual, and not every letter has an entry. The first one, for instance, is under 'C'. In a previous manual, I used large bold letters at the beginning of each section. I think that helps users find their word more easily. So, do I put in the unused letters, use only header letters for letters that have entries, or take out all the header letters?

This is probably one of those issues that has no one right answer, where it's okay as long as you're consistent, but I'm curious to know what you're doing.

Thanks,
Miki
mikim -at- mcdata -dot- com