Re: Question: 1099 status and agencies

Subject: Re: Question: 1099 status and agencies
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 13:21:58 EDT

In a message dated 98-06-05 12:48:00 EDT, aplato -at- easystreet -dot- com writes:

<< I have one loud piece of advice >>
Indeed...

Directed I assume to the aforementioned 'idiots', 'morons', etc.?

The Microsoft issue brings up the thorny part of this whole issue: if you're
going to TREAT people like employees (i.e., set their hours, define their way
of working, etc.), you should probably be ready to pay them benefits; on the
other hand, no one's left a good clear area for those of us who really and
truly do want to CONSULT - that is, give a professional result in our way
based on our own (often considerable) experience.

The Microsoft ruling has made my own life much harder. But I'm not ready to
simply dismiss the concerns of people whose family and other concerns are very
different from those of a bachelor artist.

Jim Chevallier
North Hollywood
== TW page - http://members.aol.com/jimcheval/twone.htm
== Ego page - http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval