Re: Post-initiative Customer Satisfaction

Subject: Re: Post-initiative Customer Satisfaction
From: Suzette Seveny <sseveny -at- PETVALU -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:14:19 -0400

In my opinion, satisfaction surveys are different depending on if you're
addressing training recipients or application implementation. I don't have
any handy that I can send you right now, but I can give you some
suggestions:

Break the survey down into categories. For example, if the customer
received training, you might have a section on location, (easy to get to,
convenience, etc.) the training room (light, temperature, seating
arrangements, etc.), the delivery (variety of presentation media -
overheads, flip charts, demos, hands-on time, etc.), the handouts (easy to
follow, room for notes, complete, etc.), the instructor (knowledgeable,
professional, pleasant to deal with, took the time to answer questions,
etc.). Provide a satisfaction scale for each question (1 - 5 works well)
for them to indicate their satisfaction.
For each category, allow room for them to add individual comments. At the
bottom, ask about their overall satisfaction, what they liked the most and
why, where they thought improvements could be made, whether they would
recommend other employees of their company to take the course, whether they
would recommend other companies to take the course, etc. Say thank you at
the bottom. Make the name of the person completing it optional, but you
might say something like "Please provide your name and company if you would
like us to call you to discuss any concerns you have."

This type of survey allows you to quickly tabulate results, and also
pinpoint the exact reason for dissatisfaction (ie, if they were
dissatisfied with the room, you would like to know that it was because it
was too hot, not because the room was too bright.)

Suzette