Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"

Subject: Re: p.c. way to say "crashing"
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:20:40 +0200

Kristin,

If you know why the program crashes, you can be more specific. But if you
don't know why, "crashing" may be jargon, but is still correct. And a crash
is still a crash, even if you give it a different name.

You can try an experiment with Marketing. Make their computer/software
crash and listen how nice they are with their comments...

If you really must use other terms, you could try "quitting unexpectedly".
"Locking" or "Freezing" could be used as well.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap