Re: CBT

Subject: Re: CBT
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 12:18:30 -0400

Denise,

we are also just getting started on a CBT project and, after comparing
information and sampling some demos, we decided on DemoShield. It does
everything we want it to do and it costs less than some of the other CBT
authoring tools. Keeping costs down is always a BIG issue at this company so
we're always looking for 'good-but-cheap.' This product seems to fill the bill.

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager
MEDecision Inc.

Subject: CBT
Author: Denise Lystad <lystad -at- LYNDEN -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 6/2/98 1:51 PM

I have been assigned the project of producing CBT for one of our companies
even though I have never done it before. Can anyone give me any information
to help me decide which authoring tool to use? I will need to present a
business case to justify my choice. HTML is not an option because the customer
wants to have the tracking capabilities of the authoring tools (number of
right/wrong answers, number of people who have taken the tutorial, where they
have had problems, etc.) I am looking at Authorware and Toolbook Assistant II
in particular. The tool I choose needs to be fairly well known because I may
have to outsource the maintenance. I will be working on a PC to create a
tutorial for a system on a Unix box.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me! I will be happy to
summarize the responses for the list.

Denise Lystad
Lynden Incorporated
Seattle, WA