Job post: NetGravity, San Mateo, CA

Subject: Job post: NetGravity, San Mateo, CA
From: Russ Seligman <russ -at- NETGRAVITY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 13:05:05 -0700

NetGravity is a fast-growing Internet software company, producing
software that manages electronic marketing on major Web sites. Our
customers include CNN, Netscape, Hearst, Forbes, @Home, Knight Ridder,
USA Today, and many others.

For more information about NetGravity, visit our Web site at:

http://www.netgravity.com

Open position:

Senior User Education Developer (Technical Writer)
Location: San Mateo, CA
Full-time staff position only

Key Responsibilities

In this position you will write, review, release, and maintain materials
designed to assist the user in learning and using NetGravity products.
The role will include development of documentation, online help,
tutorials, and training materials as needs in those areas arise.
Additional responsibilities will include assisting in the review of
marketing materials, collateral, and customer support notices.

You will work with product engineers to understand the behavior and
nuances of our products, and with the technical support team to learn
the areas in which our users need the most assistance. You will need to
become an expert user yourself, in order to address the needs of users
on all levels. This position provides a unique opportunity to influence
product development and provide a user's point of view on usability
issues.

Requirements

This position requires:

* Strong, proven writing and communication skills
* Attention to detail
* 2+ years experience writing documentation for software products
* The ability to understand the perspective of any user, from novice to
expert, and to communicate on that level
* Working knowledge of--or the ability to learn--HTML
* Experience with FrameMaker (preferred) or other authoring tools
* BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or related
degree or comparable experience

Experience with programming or scripting languages, multimedia
development tools (e.g., Director), Unix, Microsoft Windows NT, or
graphic design are pluses.

Interested? Send your resume!

email: docjobs -at- netgravity -dot- com

fax: 650-655-4776

(We're hiring fast, so fax or email contact is much preferred over
snail-mail. No phone calls, please!)

NetGravity is an equal opportunity employer.

--Russ Seligman
Manager, User Education Development
NetGravity