Re: telephone number formats

Subject: Re: telephone number formats
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 11:01:41 -0700

At 10:13 AM 5/27/98 -0400, Kelly Schrank wrote:
>>From what I've seen in dealing with other countries, there are no
>dashes, just spaces between.
>
>For example:
>
>03 98 76 54
>
>03 being country code
>98, 76, and 54 being the rest of the phone number

This sounds right to me. FWIW, a good general resource on writing for an
international audience is Mary A. DeVries' _Internationally Yours: Writing
and Communicating Successfully in Today's Global Marketplace_. The emphasis
is more on business communication, but there's lots of good info on cultural
considerations, ethnic groups, etc.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com