Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests

Subject: Re: Interviews/Resumes - Outside Interests
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 17:27:21 -0400

Woolfbob <Woolfbob -at- AOL -dot- COM> wrote:

>without question MILITARY EXPERIENCE belongs on that resume >just like any other working position you have had.

That depends, I'd say, on whether the military experience was relevant
(or could be made relevant) to the work you were looking for.

A resume should be truthful, but it is not an objective description of
your job history. If military experience (or any other work) cannot be
related to the position you're applying for, it deserves no more than a
line under "Misc. Work Experience."

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada