Re: Documentation cycle

Subject: Re: Documentation cycle
From: Sharon Burton <sharonburton -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:35:30 -0700

Welcome to the world of software! Yes, it is generally this bad but John was
right - getting involved really early makes a huge difference. Planning also
makes a huge difference. Get and read like it is the holy word JoAnn Hackos'
book Managing your documentation projects. And every time I re-read it I
learn more, again. It is a great book and the principles have saved my butt
a few times. She is a goddess!

If you are not an adrenaline junkie, you might think of another area of
writing. I have friends in other industries and it is not as bad in others.
To really be successful here, you have to really like technology and really
like to work. But John was also right - making over $100,000 makes the
deadlines OK. And a very understanding family really helps. And take
advantage of the quiet times, they do happen and grab them when they do. It
gives you something to remember when the crazies live at your house! And
they will!

sharon

Sharon Burton
Anthrobytes Consulting
Home of RoboNEWS, the award-winning unofficial RoboHELP Newsletter
www.anthrobytes.com
anthrobytes -at- anthrobytes -dot- com