Task-based Questions Request

Subject: Task-based Questions Request
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 16:30:14 -0400

Hello Fellow Techwr-lers:

I am working with a development group (programmer, user manager, software
rep) to develop questionaires for the end users of a large
application we are brining in. We are targeting the tasks and reports
these users use daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, quareterly, etc. We
have defined our audiences/users and are doing this to better
understand the scope of the modifications and interfaces we need to
develop.

Do you have a good list of questions you ask?

So far I have:
What are your routine tasks and exceptional tasks daily/monthly/etc?
What and when triggers the task?
What is the purpose of the task?
What are the steps in the task?
What is an example of the task?
What happens when ... occurs during the task?
What happens to the end result of the task when you're finished?
What is generated (reports, etc) by the task?
Who uses the task or task-result?
How does this task fit within other tasks?
How did you learn to do the task?
How can the task be improved?
What tasks are similar to this one?
Who are the vendors outside of our company that you work with?
Who are your customers within our company?
What do you provide for them?
What do you obtain from them?
What reports do you use generated by our department?
How do you use the report?
What and when triggers the report?
How can the report be improved?
Are there similar reports you use?

Any questions you would like to add just off the top of your head would be
appreciated. We are actually going to start interviewing tomorrow!
Whewwee,
Thankyou in advance!!!
Debbie Stewart
Lone Tech Writer
Siecor Operations, LLC
Hickory NC
704-327-5143
debbie -dot- stewart -at- siecor -dot- com

Opinions expressed are mine alone; who else would express them?