Re: correction--job opening

Subject: Re: correction--job opening
From: Steve Arrants <SArrants -at- DATAFUSION -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 10:28:14 -0700

Stephen Arrants, Jr.
DATAFUSION, Inc.
139 Townsend Street Suite 100
San Francisco, CA 94107-1922
415.222.0100 (direct) 415.836.7843
fax 415.222-1050
sarrants -at- datafusion -dot- net
http://www.datafusion.net

[Steve Arrants] Then perhaps there shouldn't be job listings
posted to the list? If someone is going to take the time to format and
post a job opening, they're going to want responses from folks who are
both qualified AND interested in replying. Not including such basic--and
critical--information as relocation information cuts down on the
qualified staff, they really need to look at their job opening postings.
Telling people what the salary range is within a posting helps
"preselect" your candidate pool.

I don't think what I want to see in a posting is all that
different from what others want to see. If someone doesn't include
information about location, salary, qualifications, etc. it shows poor
planning.