Re: macro virus...help!

Subject: Re: macro virus...help!
From: "Wollt, Richard C" <Richard -dot- Wollt -at- UNISYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:42:17 -0400

Our experience with the macro "viruses" is that the first line of
defense is to set your WORD normal.dot template to read only. And then
never ok any changes to the template unless you are certain that you
know what the change you are making does, and that you want that
specific change. The anti-virus software is useful, and needed if you
accept files from outside sources, but any software is only capable of
catching previously identified viri (and some variants).

Good Luck,
Richard Wollt
richard -dot- wollt -at- unisys -dot- com

<snip>
</snip>