Re: Medical/Scientific Writer Certification

Subject: Re: Medical/Scientific Writer Certification
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:22:27 -0400

Hi all,

Every time someone asks about "Certification", we get some good replies
about various certificate programs. These programs are very worthwhile. May
I respectfully point out that certification is NOT the same thing as having
a certificate in a particular discipline.
The difference may seem subtle, but there is a distinct difference, and you
know how we techwriters like to split hairs. :-)

Perhaps we should change the terminology and talk about "Accreditation"
rather than "Certification".

The whole issue of certification is one of those holy wars that we don't
want to get into again -- see the archives. (Or take the discussion to the
TechComm list.)

--Beth
(who believes in accreditation, speak to me privately.)

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb